Hua Language Centre assures that all personal information collected shall be used or disclosed only for the purposes for which it was collected.
Hua Language Centre collects and holds personal data of customers for various purposes. The data collected includes, but is not limited to, the following:
· Full name
· Date of birth
· Contact details (e.g. mobile numbers, landline numbers, addresses and email addresses)
· Identity document number (e.g. NRIC / FIN number, passport number, bank account and payment details / transaction history)
· Learning progress / Assessment results / Reports
· Bio data: gender, marital status, ethnic group, special educational need
· Any relevant medical information
· Photographs / Video material.
Purpose of Use
Generally, Hua Language Centre collects personal data in order to fulfil the following purposes:
· to respond and process enquiries on courses, registration and admission matters and activities
· to provide and administer support to students, to monitor and report on their progress and wellbeing
· to give information about events, activities, programmes and talks offered at Hua Language Centre
· to give information on the launch of new products and services introduced by Hua Language Centre
· to relate promotional offers relating to the programmes and events at our centres
· Surveys and evaluations
· Any updates relating to Hua Language Centre which may be relevant in maintaining or managing our ongoing relationship with you.
Hua Language Centre may also collect, use, disclose or process information contained in employment applications or other employment-related forms or documents submitted to us for administrative and management purposes including, but not limited to, recruitment, assessment of a candidate’s suitability, appraisal, performance, promotion, training, career development, remuneration, health and safety, review of human resources policies or for statistical purposes.
Sharing Data with Third Parties
Hua Language Centre shares personal data with authorised third parties for the purposes of the third parties providing relevant service to Hua Language Centre. All authorised Third Parties shall sign a contract with Hua Language Centre to ensure that the data is used purely for the intended purpose of providing the required service. All authorised Third Parties shall be required to undertake the appropriate measures to safeguard the data and adhere to the PDPA requirements.
Hua Language Centre shall not use your personal data for reasons not specified in the Purpose of Use unless:
· it is required by law or governmental or judicial authorities of Singapore
· it is necessary to establish and safeguard a legal claim or defence
· it is necessary to prepare, negotiate and perform a contract with you
· it is necessary to prevent illegal activities, e.g. in situations where the safety of a student is concerned.
Data Retention & Removal
Hua Language Centre shall only keep data collected as long as is necessary to provide the services outlined above and in compliance with Singapore’s financial and legal requirements.
Accuracy, Access and Correction
Hua Language Centre shall make all reasonable efforts to ensure that personal data collected is current, complete and accurate. You may view, edit and correct the data held by Hua Language Centre. If you wish to access your personal data with Hua Language Centre, you may send a written request to DPO@hua.com.sg. As part of our security measures, Hua Language Centre staff shall contact you to acknowledge receipt and to carry out the necessary identity verification measures in order to process your request. Where we are informed that data is out of date, we shall make the amendments and, where necessary, confirm that the data has been updated within 30 working days.
Withdrawal of Consent
If you wish to opt out of receiving information or a particular mode of contact regarding news and updates on programmes, events, workshops, talks and other marketing promotional activities organised by us, you may contact our Data Protection Officer at DPO@hua.com.sg. We shall require a period of 30 working days to update and process your request. Within these 30 working days, you may still receive information from us. Notwithstanding your withdrawal of consent, you shall receive from Hua Language Centre information, reminders, invoices or notices pertaining to my child(ren)’s classes and other information that is necessary for Hua Language Centre to communicate with you with regards to your child(ren).
Hua Language Centre shall be responsible for:
· implementing relevant security measures to protect personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss or alteration, unauthorised disclosure, use or access
· informing affected individuals about any accidental or unauthorised access of their data which may lead to damage or harm.
If you are aware of any actual or potential breach of security in relation to personal data, please report the breach to DPO@hua.com.sg.
IP Address Information & Cookies
When you access our website, we may automatically collect non-personal statistical data about your computer (including your IP address, operating system, browser) for system administration / maintenance purposes to enable us to improve our website, e.g. determine browsing patterns or how visitors use the site. As with most websites, our websites contain “cookies” to improve the online experience. Cookies store some data on your computer to automatically recognise your PC the next time you visit. The data collected does not identify any individual and is entirely anonymous.
We take reasonable and appropriate steps to protect your personal information. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of your information, the Hua Language Centre has implemented particular business policies and industry best practices specific to both the website and the operation as a whole. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of such information, but we strive to use the best available procedures and practices to protect your private information.
Links to other websites